Applying for Lab Access
All majors and class standings are welcome! Just follow the steps below! If you have any questions, please email
- Fill out the
- Complete Electical Safety for Labs, (Supervisor: Open Lab). Use your netID to log in and save the resulting certificate as a PDF.
- Complete General Laboratory Safety Training. Use your netID to log in and save the resulting certificate as a PDF.
- Upload the two training certificate PDFs.
- Attend a safety orientation and tour of the lab. You will not receive an email about your application, and there
is no need to make a reservation. Simply show up at the lab's double doors in ECEB 2024. Please be on time!
- You will then receive 24/7 PROX card access to the lab and building!
Apply to be a Lab Monitor
So you want to be an Open Lab Student Monitor?
You can submit your application here!
We hope to fill a couple positions in the next two weeks so please apply soon!
Lab monitors will be required to work at least two 2 hour shifts in the Open Lab 2-10pm during any day of the week.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Helping students with their projects.
- Training on use of Open Lab equipment - laser cutter, vinyl cutter, 3D printers, etc.
- Keeping the lab organized and clean.
- Enforcing the “No Homework Rule” so there's always space for projects.
- Promoting safe practices in the lab, so that nobody hurts themselves!
- Making the Open Lab awesome, giving suggestions where you think it could be improved.